Membership in Div. 43
Thinking of becoming a member?
Here are the top reasons to join Div. 43:
- Div. 43 is the largest professional organization dedicated to the professional development and training of couple and family psychologists.
- Support our mission and participate in the advancement of systemic research, education and clinical practice in the area of couple and family psychology.
- Network with other couple and family psychologists through conference activities and Div. 43 committees.
- Gain free access to continuing education on a variety of couple and family psychology (CFP) topics such as couple relationships; sexuality; evidence-based, family-focused interventions; divorce; blended families; and more.
- Submit articles to Div. 43's newsletter, The Family Psychologist (TFP). TFP is published three times a year and provides practical information about current issues and events in CFP practice, research and training.
- Join Div. 43's discussions on its Listservs (early career psychologists, members, announcements and research) and stay up-to-date through Div. 43's social media outlets: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Receive information about funding opportunities, postdoc positions, employment and award opportunities.
- Participate in "speed-mentoring" events at APA's annual convention and receive mentoring and career guidance from leading family and couple psychologists.
- Receive guidance and support for achieving board certification in couple and family psychology.
- Obtain guidance and support on how to apply for a postdoctoral position and grant funding opportunities.
- Give your input about training and specialty issues and have the opportunity to shape APA policies by joining committees and working with the division's Board of Directors.
- Receive a copy of Div. 43's journal, Couple and Family Psychology: Research and Practice (CFP-RP).
- APA member and fellow: $48 (includes CFP-RP print and online)
- Life status: $0*
- Student affiliate: $0*
- Professional affiliate: $24.50*
*Life status members, student and professional affiliates who wish to receive a print and online copy of the division journal pay an additional fee of $23.50.
Already a member but not sure you're getting the most out of your membership?
Here are some ways to get involved:
The Div. 43 Listserv? is often active with discussion about topical issues, sharing of ideas and facilitation of collaboration, networking and opportunities.
There are also a number of Listserv? options for specific topics including one specifically for students.?
- ECP: http://lists.apa.org/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A0=DIV43ECP
- Member Listserv: http://lists.apa.org/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A0=DIV43
- Announcement: http://lists.apa.org/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A0=DIV43ANN
- Education and Training: http://lists.apa.org/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A0=DIV43ET
- Relational Diagnosis: http://lists.apa.org/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A0=DIV43RELATIONAL
Stay up to date through Div. 43's various social media outlets: